It is also the headquarters of the Cathedral of Ierissos, Mount Athos and of Adrameri.
It is built on an altitude of 600 meters, on the feet of the Holomontas mountain.
Sidirokafsia was the administrative centre of the region,and had its own mint.
Further down going to the village, we see the central temple dedicated to the “Birthday of the Virgin Mary”.
The products they produce are cereals, traditional bread and great souvlaki.
The village’s sights include the river that crosses the village which is surrounded by wild vegetation.
Many women deal with weaving, knitting and needlework, while important part of income emanates from the culture of fir for christmas trees.
Finally, continuously more people deal with agritourism.It’s previous name was Lokovi and was officially named Taxiarhis in 1928 after the patron saint of the village, Archangel Michael.It is 25 klm away from Polygyros and according to the inventory of 2001 the population amounts to 1078 people.Agios Prodromos located at the foothill of mount Holomontas and it’s 14 km away from Poligiros. It is worth mentioning that the village residents come from different places of Greece such as Morias, Ipiros, Macedonia and Thrace.They mostly activate at agriculture, cattle-breading, tourism.With a population of 712 inhabitants is the only department of the Municipality Arnaias bordering sea A mountainous village, which has intensively the historic and cultural characteristics of Halkidiki.